Online Bill Pay
Bill Pay powered by CheckFree!
- Set-up E-mail Alerts within CheckFree to notify you of due dates, when payments will be posted, sent, etc.
- CheckFree provides the option to create different payee groups to simplify the payment process. Setup a Utilities group, House Group, Credit Cards etc.
Go Green, and make a difference by turn off paper and switching to eBills and online bill pay. It not only reduces your carbon footprint, but limits your risk of identity theft by securely sending eBills to your account, and electronic payments from your account whenever possible.
- Setting up eBills in CheckFree is easy. If available for your payee, it will show "eBill" next to the payee, simply click it to enter minimal information (usually the last four of your SS# and zip code), and the system directly connects to eligible payees.
IMPORTANT: Bill Payments will be sent regardless of the funds available in your account. Funds must be available by your selected due date, to avoid an insufficient funds fee.
CheckFree determines how payments will be made using their propriety risk analytics engine, most will go electronic (if the payee accepts electronic payments), however, CheckFree may send payments by check (draft or corporate) at any time.
- Electronic payments: Funds will be withdrawn on the same day the payee is paid, on the due date you select. Funds must be available in your account to avoid an insufficient funds fee and the reclamation of the payment from your payee.
- Check payments: Payments sent by check will either be sent by corporate check or draft check, four days prior to the due date you select. Draft checks are written on your account and will clear your account just like any check you write from your own checkbook, when its cashed by the payee. Corporate checks are drawn on CheckFree's account, and the funds will be withdrawn from your account on the due date you select. Funds must be available in your account until the check clears it, to avoid an insufficient funds fee, or the return of the check to your payee.
- Payment Address and Payee Names: CheckFree automatically updates payee names and address when they are aware of mergers, name changes, or payment address changes. For example, the closest lock-box to their printing facility may be used for corporate or draft checks, or an electronic payment address may be shown. If you are unsure of the proper payment address for online bill payment, call your payee before adjusting the address in Online Banking.
What is an online billing and payment service?
With an online billing and payment service, you can receive, view, and pay your online bills from one personalized, secure Web site.
What is an eBill?
How is the Payment type determined? Draft Check vs. Electronic Check?
The way CheckFree determines the payment depends on the payee, the subscriber's payment history, recent activity and the amount of the payment.
How will I know if a draft check was issued on my account?
Typically, if the payment is not debited from your account on the due date, a draft check has been issued and will clear your account when the payee cashes the check. Funds need to remain in the account until the check clears to avoid an insufficient funds fee.
How quickly will my bills be paid?
Eligible payees may have the option to pay today for a fee. Otherwise, ePayments begin processing two (2) business days prior to your schedule payment date, so you'll need to schedule payments a few days prior to the due date. Payments that must go by check begin processing four (4) business days prior to your payment date.
When is the money withdrawn from my account?
On the due date you selected, or in the case of a draft check being issues, when the payee cashes the check and it clears your account.