Our Certificates of Deposit can help you save for retirement, build your nest egg, or ride out stock market fluctuations. No matter what your savings goal is, there’s something for everyone at Colonial Federal.
- Competitive rates on a variety of terms
- Minimum balance must be maintained to earn the stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
- Interest paid may be withdrawn at any time without penalty (withdrawals may affect the APY)
- Automatic account renewal upon maturity
- Withdraw funds without a penalty for 10 calendar days upon maturity
- Free Online Banking to view your account
Individual Retirement Account
Our Individual Retirement Account (IRA) plans will help you reach your retirement goals. Funds you save with us will be secure in our Certificates of Deposit.
- Contributions accepted anytime, up to IRS contribution limits
- Rollovers and transfers from other retirement plans accepted
- Annual custodial fee applies
The Traditional IRA allows you to defer taxes on your earnings until they are withdrawn, when you may be in a lower tax bracket. Certain contributions may be tax deductible in the year they are made.
The Roth IRA features tax-free withdrawals, after a five year holding period, for certain distribution reasons. Since Roth IRA contributions are nondeductible in the year they are made, customers who may be in a higher tax bracket when they retire might benefit more from a Roth IRA than the Traditional IRA.
The Educational IRA features tax-free withdrawals for a child's higher education expenses. Unlike the Traditional IRA, contributions are not tax deductible, so distributions from an Educational IRA are penalty free and tax-free.
Please contact us for a complete account disclosure.